Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vintage Weddings


Vintage Weddings is one of the latest wedding trends. Brides are encouraged to bring back some old fashioned flair for their ceremony. There are several ways to do this: pictures of your grandparents' weddings, birdcage veils for bridesmaids, tea stained invitations, mimicking your dress' lace on your cake. I love these ideas and adore the idea of older fashions making a come back in modern weddings.
The other night, my family was watching "The Sound of Music" and I was
thinking about this classic fad when Georg and Maria tied the knot. Maria's veil was longer than her dress, which is a style I haven't seen in several years. (one of my best friends had this type of veil for her wedding which took place in 1996.) This trend as well as the elogted trains like Princess Diana are two of the most elegant styles in my opinion. I know today's styles are no veil and mermaid style dresses, but I am hopeful that the extended trains and veils will make a comeback soon.
WonderfullyWed, your College Station and Bryan Wedding planner

No comments: