Sunday, March 4, 2012

Olde Dobbin Station- A Charming and Truly Vintage Venue

I had the privilege of attending the Bridal Show for the grand opening of a wonderfully charming new wedding venue in Dobbin, TX. I had never heard of Dobbin, TX until I met Monica Orlando, a bride who hired me to coordinate her October 27th which will be held at this facility. This location appealed to me as a fan of history as well as a wedding planner. It used to be a watering station, as well as place for people to fellowship and go swimming. It was built in the early 1900's. When they purchased the property, it looked like this. And the pictures that follow are what the owner, Carrie McCoy, has done to transform this historical site into a place for your dream wedding. The best part about it is that it can seat up to 530 people. So, it is beautiful, historic and spacious. You can't get much better than that!



The beautiful entry way


The amazing and heavy front door.


So spacious! It seats up to 530 people!



I love the beautiful faux finish on the walls.


This is the bridal suite from 3 different angles.




Such lovely light fixtures!


Nice landscaping


The future chapel. I can't wait to see it completed!

1 comment:

Sara and Kyle said...

I am so, so happy we chose Olde Dobbin Station for our Sunday afternoon wedding. We were only the third wedding at the venue but it all went seamlessly. A lot of other venues I viewed had all kinds of restrictions on time, vendors, etc and with all my DIY, I needed to be able to have a lot of time for setting up. The fact that the venue was ours for the entire day instantly made it my number one choice. Then I got to watch it become the absolutely stunning space that it is today. And I can't say enough about Carrie. She was so sweet and helpful right up to the last minute. And throughout the process, I really enjoyed the fact that the she was as much or little involved as I wanted. And, and, and.. I could go on for days. Thank you, Carrie & Robert, for making our perfect day possible!