Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Together in Eternity...

"I will be yours, you will be mine... Together in eternity." Those were the opening lyrics of the song that I danced with my brand new husband for the first time 14 years ago. My sweet husband and I celebrated our life, love and marriage yesterday with a simple "date in" without children and distractions. It was a wonderful evening of good food, movies and reminiscing about our wedding and marriage. The very first memory that came to his mind was our pastor's jokes as he was speaking to our crowd of about 250 people. I remember so many aspects of our wedding as it was exactly as I always dreamed it would be, down to the very last detail. We both agreed that as wonderful as our wedding was, and as smoothly as it ran, we both love the place where our journey together has taken us. Little did we know what was ahead of us on that blissful day. No one could have ever articulated in words what our journey would look like and where it would take us. Not one person could have spoken to our hearts what the Lord knew our life together would bring. This path has taken us to the very heights of joy with our love, experiencing the birth and lives of four amazing children, friends, and experiencing just a taste of the joy that comes from knowing Jesus so intimately. This sojourn has also led us to the depths of sorrow and pain as we have experienced loss, death, and the darkness of our souls at our very lowest times. Through the highs and the lows, though, we have had our Lord in our midst, and we both consider it a privilege and a blessing to be able to experience it all together. We are so fortunate to have family and friends to cheer us on and walk with us through the good, the bad and the ugly of marriage, family and life. For that I am eternally grateful. We ended our date with prayers of Thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father who has been so faithful, good, patient and life-giving to us. Fourteen years ago, I would have never fathomed where my dreams and hopes would have taken me. However, there is no one in the world I would rather be walking this journey with than my husband.

Erin Joyner, Wedding Planner, College Station/Bryan, TX

No comments: