Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peru Bound

I've been extremely busy since my last posts. With four kids, the end of the school year is always extremely full of joyous occasions such as soccer and baseball games, end of school projects, tests and of course, parties! I was able to participate in the Aggieland Bridal Show on Mother's Day and haven't yet had an opportunity to post about that event. So, since summer vacation is finally here, I've got just a moment to blog about my next adventure. If you hired me to coordinate your wedding in past 6 months, your deposit is going to pay for an exciting trip I will be taking with my 11 year old in July. Our church takes a group every year to Puerto Maldonado and Cusco, Peru to support, encourage and participate in the work God is doing there with missionaries that we, as a church, fund. So, two years ago, I set a precedent of taking the boys the summer that they are 11.
So, this is son #2's year to go and I now have another great opportunity to spend time with some of those in a people group I have come to adore.
In a beautiful country I have come to love. We have a few weeks to prepare, and then we will be taking off at the beginning of July. I feel so fortunate to be able to experience this trip with my child. I appreciate those who are giving me the amazing privilege of coordinating their weddings this fall. Erin Joyner, Wedding Planner, Bryan/College Station, TX

No comments: