Friday, June 3, 2011

Kate's Dress Spurs on New Wedding Gown Trends

It's ironic; I was thinking about my wedding dress just yesterday and wondering what I will ever do with it. I, like so many other women, had my dress specially cleaned and boxed to save for my future daughter in hopes that she would be honored to wear her mother's wedding dress.

Almost fourteen years later, I have four sons, and no candidate to wear my wedding gown, unless one of my future daughters-in-law might possibly want to wear it. It makes me sad, because my gown is absolutely beautiful, and I probably could have sold it 14 years ago. However, with today's trends in strapless dresses, mine is clearly outdated with beautiful, lacy, long sleeves. Then a thought occurred to me; my dress is a similar style to the new Duchess of Cambridge and I wondered if Kate's style of dress would start a new trend. While looking at facebook today, I found my answer in this blog.

Just because trends are moving back to more traditional with lace sleeves doesn't mean I'll be able to sell my wedding dress, I realize. I'm not even sure I would be able to part with it. However, since that is the style I chose, it's still my favorite, so I will enjoy watching my brides trend toward lacy sleeves and long trains again. Thank you so much, Kate!

Erin Joyner, Wedding Coordinator, Bryan/College Station, TX

No comments: